Mold and Its Terrifying Effects on Your Pets

Mold and Its Terrifying Effects on Your Pets

  • Posted: Dec 16, 2015
  • By:
  • Comments: 0

Here at Mold Inspection Illinois, we are constantly asked: “Can mold affect my pets?

Of course it can. We need to keep our pets just as safe as we need to keep our family members. If anything, we need to be on the lookout for our pets’ mold exposure symptoms even more than those of our family members, as our pets are residing in our homes all day, every day, and they are at a much greater risk when it comes to mold exposure.

What do your pets mean to you? Across houses, it’s all the same. We fiercely love our pets. They give us unconditional love and a wonderful source of comfort, and, in return, we absolutely adore them.

As a pet owner, it is your duty to provide a safe and loving home for your furry friends. They don’t choose their home, and you need to make sure they’re safe and happy in the home that they’re given.

So, a problem arises: you think you have a mold problem. You’ve been a little sniffly lately and noticed a strange musty smell hanging around the house, but didn’t think much of it. Then, you notice your dog has become a little lethargic.

These things all point to a mold infection in your home. Let’s check out some common symptoms that animals have as the result of a mold infection.

The symptoms of mold exposure in animals are actually fairly similar to those in humans. Most often, pets have an allergic reaction to mold in their home. The symptoms of this are similar to any allergies in humans. Runny eyes, runny nose, itching, coughing, and a little bit of wheezing. If you notice these symptoms in your animal, take them to a vet to get a checkup. There’s a chance that it could be something else, as well, and it’s good to be sure.

What about the more serious symptoms of mold exposure in animals? What about if your animals happen to be exposed to toxic black mold? Well, these symptoms can get to be much more serious.

If your pet has been exposed to toxic mold, symptoms will start out similar to if they were having an allergic reaction. However, prolonged exposure can result in some really scary things, such as coughing up blood or a pulmonary hemorrhage. Other times, your pet can just be lethargic. Toxic black mold exposure symptoms range incredibly. In short, if you notice something is up with your pup, you’d better take her to the vet.

Mold exposure symptoms in animals are incredibly similar to the symptoms that arise in humans. If your home is infected with mold, your pets are the most at risk. Provide them with a safe home, and, if you think something is up, call us right away for a free mold inspection. You’ve got nothing to lose, and only the health of your family members and animals to gain. Don’t wait. Call us.

 

Tags: , , , ,